Ryan - Aimee - Tyce - Parker

November 5, 2012

Parker Royal

Our new little man joined our family on 10-11-12 and we couldn't be more excited to have him here!  His stats: 8 lbs 10 oz, 21 inches, born at 3:41 pm.


I was originally scheduled to be induced on the 10th but on October 9th I woke up super early in the morning and the one consuming thought I couldn't get out of my brain...'why did I scheduled to be induced on the 10th when if he was born the next day his birthday could be 10-11-12??'  I was so mad at myself for not seeing the coolness of that date beforehand. 

So I did what any self respecting date obsessed person would do in this situation...ask Ryan to change his days off so that our son could have an awesome birthday.  Unfortunately for me Ryan wasn't on board and just really wanted to meet his son, so the 10th it was.  I was really disappointed.

The morning of the 10th I got a phone call from the hospital saying they got an influx of labors over night and would need to push my induction until later in the day.  I didn't dare hope they would reschedule for the next day, but an hour later they called again and said they would have to move me to the 11th!  I was giddy with excitement as I woke Ryan up to tell him the "sad" news. 
 

I was induced at 8:15 in the morning, got my epidural shortly after and waited maybe not so patiently until 3:41 when little Parker arrived.  Luckily for me, I only pushed about 6 times, so that part was really quick and nice.


This is the day we brought Parker home and this was as close Tyce would get.  He's slowly realizing Parker is staying with us and will give him kisses and shove his binky in when he's crying but that's about as much as he cares about his little bro. 


Parker is eating really well now, is pretty mellow, but. sleeping at night on the other hand is still a work in progress...but when is it not with an infant?!  Heck, Tyce still doesn't sleep well.  We love this little guy and feel so blessed to have him in our family. 

7 comments:

The Broderick Family Blog said...

What a handsome man!! Congrats Aimee! I didn't even know you were expecting another baby until I saw that picture of you in front of the temple!
And, what an awesome birthday for him!
I hope you are doing well!

ps can you believe it has been almost 10 years since we lived together. Crazy!!

Jenefer said...

It was fun to be with you on the special blessing day! I'm glad it all worked out! He's a cutie! Thanks for letting me and my girls play with him!!! Hope to see you again soon!

Jenni said...

That last picture is so cute! He is such a pretty baby! Congratulations!!

Emily said...

I'm so out of the blogging world, I didn't even know about these pics!
Super cute boys you have, and I love the story about the date changing, that's so awesome how that worked out. Love you guys.

Travis and Bridget Shumaker said...

Oh he is such a handsome little boy! I cannot wait to see him!! I loved the pictures of him and Tyce, how precious! We love you guys and we are very happy for your family

Teresa, mom, Deitz, Aunt Dee Dee said...

Aimee, He is so cute. I love that last picture of little Mr. Parker! I'm am so happy for you and Ryan and Tyce. Congrats!

Amy N. said...

I have been slacking on this blog thing, but have to say that is one CUTE kid you have added to your cute family! Congratulations guys!!