Ryan - Aimee - Tyce - Parker

August 12, 2010

It seems like I only post about changes that happen in ours lives, big changes...like my huge growing belly! Guess I'll just jump right into it then. About two and a half years ago (sorry if this is too much personal information!) we started "trying" to have children. "Trying" with no result was all that was happening. I won't go into all the emotional details that go along with thinking you will never have your own children, but trust me, its really hard.

My doctor had high hopes for us, but as the months went by with more medication and more blood draws, our hopes started to dwindle. In November of last year, Ryan and I decided to look more actively into adoption as the path to bring our children into our eternal fami
ly.

We were so excited to start a new adventure and felt the Holy Ghost guiding us along our way. Thanks to
LDS Family Services and the awesome case workers there, we were positive we would be adopting our children.

Heavenly Father obviously had different plans for us. I guess its all part of me learning patience but I'm so glad we took that leap of faith!! Ryan and I have always had a great relationship but going through those trials together really brought us together even more. I am so grateful for a loving and supportive husband! We are also so blessed to have family and friends who have been there for us fr
om the beginning with encouraging words and heart felt prayers on our behalf.

As you can see I wasn't lying about the belly, its getting BIG! Our little boy is due November 22 and we can't wait to meet him. I haven't quite gotten that nesting thing everyone talks about but we do have a crib now and my mom is helping me make the bedding. And of course I always have my eye out for cute boy clothes since they are so hard to find!

So I guess that's why I didn't post for the longest time, it was hard to talk about with emotions always on the surface. We are so grateful for this blessing and now I'll have more to post about when he arrives!!

7 comments:

Teresa, mom, Deitz, Aunt Dee Dee said...

Yippee!!!!! a post with a cute picture. I am so excited and happy for you both.

Congrats, and keep up the posts!!

Love you guys so much.

Lani said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lani said...

I am so excited for you and Ryan. You will be great parents! I constanly pray for you and my new grandson! I can hardly wait to meet him! Love all three of you!

Emily said...

FINALLY!!!!!!
Great post. I always find it hard to blog about really personal and emotional things, so I think you're way brave. And it made me all teary, because I didn't have to go through that and I have a MAJOR love and admiration for people who do. I am so grateful to be part of your family and I'm so proud of everything you and Ryan have done.

Now. I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you move to Vegas please so I can see him more!!!

We love you guys so much and are so happy for you! Congrats!!

Brad and Laura Williams said...

Aimee you guys are so awsome! I'm so happy for the both of you. Parenthood is amazing and you and Ryan are going to be great at it. Your little boy is so lucky to be loved and appreciated so much.

Jill said...

Love that belly shot! Congratulations, that is such wonderful news. And boys are so great. Good luck with your pregnancy!

Jason and Britney said...

How in the world did I miss this post? You are such a cute pregnant momma, not huge at all. You will see huge in November! I'm so excited to meet this little guy!