I started a new job a little over a month ago and I am LOVING it! I work for Wells Fargo Bank now (another shout to the Dietz), the people rock, and I don't have a crappy schedule like my last job. What more could I ask for? I plan on staying there as long as they'll have me or until I have kids and I'm able to stay at home with them, which ever comes first.
Another thing I've neglected to write about is Ryan's awesome garden he grew this summer. We had zucchinis, cucumbers, tomatoes, green peppers and watermelon galore!! He planted onions and beets but they didn't do as well as he'd hoped, darn because I really wanted to have pink pee. Here is a shot of the smallest of the three watermelons. They were so so good! Ryan asked me before he started planting what I wanted in the garden and my two choices were watermelon and cucumbers and he pulled through! Thanks, green thumb of the family.
The next big event for us was when Kirsten moved into our house. And as you know, where Kir goes so does her dog Sydney. So in one afternoon our house went from 2 to 4. We really never see her since she is working two jobs and sleeps all the other hours she has left in the day. It is really nice for me too because my wardrobe has increased in size!
Then came Indy, aka substitute baby. He is our 3 month old lab, border collie mix we got from the shelter. We have so much fun with him and he's still small enough to carry around or fit on my lap to keep me warm at Ryan's flag football games. He and Sydney are besties, for the most part...except when Indy chews on Syd's bones, gets more attention than she does, and gets to play fetch and she has to sit in the corner. Oh well, everyone knows the baby of the family is the favorite.
That about wraps it up. I promise I'll try to post more often, I don't want my beloved readers to bail on me, hint hint you know who you are.
7 comments:
I just wrote a really long comment and then it disappeared and I'm ticked.
Basically, I missed you, you were gone too long, boo NB and yay WF! Love your garden yumminess, my mouth is watering!
I promise to try and love dogs more.
Beets are gross...but do they make your pee pink, because that's cool.
Your pup is so cute!!
Gosh, I'm so excited that my meany message worked!!! lol.
Life is exciting in your home. I think that I have to say congrats on the new job, and send along my condolenses (sp) too. I left Wells Fargo not really liking them too much. Too many rules, sale goals and pressure in the SL market. Hope that it all goes so awesome for you. They are a pretty great company to work for, I think my problem was just the branch manager I had to work with.
Your puppy is sooooo cute. I want another dog!!!! Just don't have any time to play with one and I really don't want to train it to be house broke. I guess I'm just too lazy.
Hope that all is going well with Kir in the home. Having "extra" people in a "newlywed" home can give some extra challenges.
I want Ryan to come and grow our garden next year. I think the only thing we were able to raise and eat were beets, radishes and cherry tomatoes. Oh yeah, we did get jalapeno's too.
So much to say when I haven't been able to converse with you for so long. Don't make it that along again, OK?
Uncle Jeff and I are trying to plan a weekend, day to come visit. I need to get away and I better do it before winter and Abi is gone.
Love ya tons, keep posting!!!! I love it, it is my only recreation.
Hurray for Aimee's New Blog! I love to read about your life happenings from your perspective! I even got to enjoy your cherry tomatoes and watermelon! Yummy Yummy (sing in a deep voice like the Wiggles)
2 doggies?! YOWZA- you're brave! But that watermelon looks so good holy cow. I MISS SUMMER!!! Anyway, I'm really glad you got a good job and you like it! way to go girl :)
Good update! It's ok you haven't posted. I've been real bad at visiting all my friends' blogs. It's good to hear about your new job, new roomies and new dog.
And I'm totally jealous of your garden. I'm vowing now to do a little of that next summer.
Post a Comment