I have no system to my laundering, so it was like a treasure hunt trying to find all the whites in the three different baskets. I've got my hand digging deep in one of them when I see a movement and naturally my first reaction was to pull my hand back as quickly as possible. Sitting on top of a pair of jeans was an icky, gross, disgusting looking spider. I frantically looked around for anything to smash it with and luckily Ryan leaves his work boots in the laundry room, so I was armed with my weapon. When I thought I had effectively brought it to its end, I finished loading the whites in the washer and left the room.
I hate spiders so much that I figured I would leave the dead spider sitting smashed on the jeans until Ryan came home so he could scoop it up and throw it away. Awesome idea, right? So the washer does its thing and I come back to switch the load and have Ryan dispose of the spider, but the spider is gone! I gently poked around the piles of laundry and didn't find it anywhere. And since I hate spiders and didn't want any surprises, it was now Ryan's job to put the next load into the washer.
Some time passes and the laundry needs to be switched again so I go in the laundry room very cautiously, don't want any killer spiders jumping on me. I look around for the spider and see it on the floor near its place of death, so I assumed it was dead and that Ryan had shaken it loose from the clothes. My mind is at ease, the spider is officially dead and everything is right in my world again.
If you hadn't noticed, we put off laundry for a while so it was a long process to get it all done last night. Some more time passes and I go in the room again to switch the loads. Before I changed the loads, I checked to make sure the spider was still dead in the corner but since this is the blog about the disappearing spider, of course it has vanished once again! I thought I was going crazy. I tip toed around to switch the laundry and then beelined it to safety.
Finally the last load needs to go in the dryer, which meant I only had to go in the laundry room one more time for the night, YEAH! Once again, there is no spider. I put all the dry clothes in a basket and head for the door. In the shadows just outside the laundry room door I notice a dark spot on the floor and I instantly know its the illusive spider that has been haunting my evening. I flip on the kitchen light to make sure I'm really not going crazy and yell for Ryan, duh the man has to do the spider killing! I can gladly say that before Ryan killed the spider we had a little memorial service, complete with pictures.
Just to recap:
The spider was killed on top of the pile of jeans by me.
The spider was no where to be found.
The spider was "dead" on the floor.
The spider was gone again.
The spider was still gone, but at the last minute was found and killed by Ryan.
No comments:
Post a Comment