Ryan - Aimee - Tyce - Parker

October 24, 2007

Bean Town Brown

When I heard I was going on a work trip to Boston, let me say, I was just a tad excited! I've never been that far east in this great country of ours, and it's fall, so you know what that means...tree leaves changing time. I imagined how they would look, the reds, yellows, oranges oh how pretty. I also thought about the cool sites I would see, the Cheer's pub, the Freedom Trail, the Bunker Hill Monument, maybe Fenway Park. Well, all those hopes and dreams were left on the plush hotel feather pillow at 3:45 AM Idaho time when I was rolling out of bed in order to get to my all day meetings on time! So you might ask, Aimee, what did you get to see while you were in Boston? And I will answer, please refer to the pictures below.

The hotel.

The airport.

And that my friends is what I saw of the great city of Boston! So worth the 7 hour flight.
Ok, ok. It wasn't a total downer. I did get to see an old rommie of mine, Chelsea, and NB took us to one of the shoe factories, which was pretty much the coolest thing to watch ever! In case you didn't know, people actually had to sew the shoes that are on your little feeties right now by hand!! One of the workers there is my new hero. He was sewing a shoe together free hand and doing it so fast I thought he would catch his fingers under the needle. I have so much respect for those workers now. One day I'll go back and actually get to see the sites, and thats a promise.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Oh suck man! Having to fly all that way and not getting to do very much sight seeing! That is a very cool looking hotel and airport though.

I will now always pause when I'm tying up the shoes on my feeties, and remember the workers who sewed them.

I'm glad you're back and even more glad that you'll be in LV tonight! Rock on!

Anonymous said...

How can Fenway even compare to a guy sewing shoes at an unsafe speed?!

Jill said...

Hi Aimee, I hope you enjoy the company of the Rogers in Vegas. You're just hopping all over the US these days, huh?

I loved your post. Way to take pictures of those boring places you did see! Hilarious. I hope you make it back soon!

Teresa, mom, Deitz, Aunt Dee Dee said...

I am so jealous! I want to travel to Boston or Las Vegas. You "guys" are so cleaver. This whole blog stuff amazes me.

Have you heard that Abi is going to BYU-Hawaii in January. She doesn't like the Rexburg winters either.

Love you guys.