Ryan - Aimee - Tyce - Parker

November 14, 2007

Oh the Joy!


Enrichment, oh the joy! I might get struck down from my next few comments, but I need to vent. I'm not a huge fan of enrichment. I understand why it is in place, but it's definitely not my favorite. Because I'm not very crafty or creative might be the reason, but I just don't like the fact that a whole organization in the church is reserved to becoming domesticated. It seems very old fashioned in the way these "women's roles" are forced upon us.

HOWEVER...look at the super cute craft I did last night when I bit my tongue and grinned through TWO hours of enrichment. I think I'm more proud of myself for actually going then the craft itself, that might be because I paid for it and didn't want to waste my hard earned 5 dollars.

I want to hear your thoughts on enrichment. You already know how I feel. :)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate enrichment too! But, at least if you go, you can make a button box.

Aimee said...

Can anyone see the picture that should be above the paragraph?

Anonymous said...

Nope.

Anonymous said...

That "Nope" was from me, not from anonymous.

Aimee said...

so you can't see the pic? why didn't you respond to my text message today? huh, huh, huh?

Jill said...

Uh-oh. I know who's gonna be the next Enrichment Leader! That'll teach ya. I know what you mean. I go off and on about Enrichment. One day I'll complain about it and then I'll have a really good experience there. I think your craft is cute, by the way!

Britney and Seth said...

Aimee you are so FUNNY!
I will be honest I don't go! Sad but true! Most of the time I am in class until 8:30 pm anyway - Do you remember those days walking home in the dark from the library. Good old Rexburg! I am so glad to almost be done with school!
PS - I really like you crafty JOY!

Jenni.Woodmansee said...

all i have to say, is you're pretty good for someone who hates enrichment! crap- your craft is way better than anything i could make!

I like enrichment, but that's because I"m in a BYUIdaho singles ward and its just an excuse for all of us girls to get together and eat chocolate! hahaha

Emily said...

Guess what, my internet works again! YIPPEE!!!

I love your craft, and I hated enrichment for the longest time too. Now that I know some other girls in the ward it's not that bad. Plus it helps that it's only 4 times a year now. That's way more doable for me.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Miss ya!

Anonymous said...

As an "old" RS Homemaking goer I learned one of my most enjoyable skills from a homemaking meeting. Cross-stitching has brought me hours of enjoyment through my life. Now however I'm really glad that Enrichment night is only a few times a year. I agree that there just isn't enough hours in the day to get it all done. MOM

Aimee said...

A. I'm not old enough to be the enrichment leader. I mean...I'm not wise enough.
B. Nothing about my joy is original, I copied everything from the display!
C. I'm thoroughly excited that Emily has her internet back! What a glorious day.
D. Mom, I'm so proud of you! You figured it out!
E. Aunt Dee Dee, use OTHER instead of anonymous.

Jill said...

Aimee! I just got a new calling and I bet you can't guess what it is... I must have jinxed myself.

Emily said...

F. Time for a new blog.
G. Jill got a new calling?
H. Should I get a christmas tree?

Anonymous said...

I. No.

Aimee said...

J. I love that Jill has a new calling, especially in Enrichment...or do they still call it Home, Family, and Personal Enrichment?